Position: Associate Researcher, Center for Communal Research
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree
The Associate Researcher will support all aspects of the Center’s agenda. Major responsibilities will include managing data collection, performing statistical analyses, coding qualitative data, and helping to create reports and presentations. This position is a good fit for an early-career professional with an educational and employment background in data analysis and experience undertaking projects involving collaboration with multiple partners.
In this role you will:
- Use statistical software to clean, manipulate, and organize incoming survey data
- Conduct basic statistical analysis on incoming survey data; monitor data quality
- Create figures and tables to present findings
- Develop, refine, and maintain databases/data systems
- Work with Principal Researcher to develop and code survey questions within Qualtrics
- Code qualitative data using an established codebook
- Identify patterns and themes within open-ended responses, interview and focus group transcripts
- Contribute to the writing and publication of reports
- Conduct thorough reviews of written reports and provide feedback
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or economics
- Basic quantitative skills and experience with at least one major statistical software package (Stata, SAS, SPSS, or similar). Experience with Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or similar survey platforms a plus.
- Facility with Microsoft: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- A clear and effective writing and communication style
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Experience with survey design and Qualtrics, Tableau or data visualization software a plus
(The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000 )