Who We Are:
Recognizing that the majority of Modern Orthodox college students are being educated at secular universities, the Orthodox Union, in partnership with Hillel, administers the Orthodox Union Heshe and Harriet Seif Jewish Learning Initiative on Campus (OU-JLIC). This program helps Orthodox students navigate the college environment, and balance their Jewish commitments with their desire to engage the secular world. Toward this end, OU-JLIC places Orthodox rabbinic couples on over 20 college campuses in the U.S. and Canada to serve as Torah educators and role models.
JLIC is seeking an organized, creative, team-oriented professional with strong communication skills to serve as a Development Associate. The Development Associate will support JLIC’s development team with critical administrative tasks. As a core member of the Development team, the Development Associate will be included in strategic planning conversations and meetings, giving them the opportunity to engage with all facets of the fundraising and nonprofit space.
- Provide administrative support for the team to execute fundraising strategies and engagement.
- Manage and maintain accuracy of JLIC donors within the OU database (Velocity), identifying, troubleshooting, and ensuring accurate and up-to-date donor information with OU’s Data Services.
- Conduct ongoing prospect research and identify major gift donors.
- Prepare well researched call lists for solicitations with all critical information.
- Work with the National Team and JLIC staff to assist in all the campaigns.
- Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence with Data Services.
- Support fundraising events, including but not limited to Scholar in residence programs and development shabbatonim.
- Manage donor stewardship calendar and plan with regular communications and outreach.
- Small gift solicitations.
- Brainstorm ideas to expand our outreach.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required and 1-3 years’ work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with donor database systems preferred
- Close attention to detail, ability to organize and complete projects accurately and efficiently
- Successful management of time, and keeping to deadlines
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with different types of individuals
- Passion for taking on challenging projects, and ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Strong eagerness to learn more about all aspects of non-profit fundraising
- Desire to strategize on ways to engage with our alumni, parents, and the broader community
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $47,000-$52,000 commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance
- 403B retirement plan
- Life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Discounted long-term care insurance
- Up to 12 weeks of disability and parental leave for all eligible employees
- Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave for all eligible employees
- Pre-tax savings program for commute, dependent and healthcare expenses
- 15 vacation days and 10 sick days per year
- Time off for major Jewish and federal holidays
- Early Friday Shabbos closure