- As a member of the Finance department’s leadership team, contribute toward its goals of ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Keep abreast of accounting and financial-oriented trends and developments potentially affecting not-for profit entities.
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of the Organization’s accounting and financial activities and assist with the development, improvement, formalization and conformity of related policies, procedures and controls.
- Research accounting and other regulatory guidance (GAAP, etc.) and interpret, evaluate and summarize for Management the applicability and impact to the Organization.
- With respect to newly mandated accounting principles and other requirements, take the lead on corresponding implementation and subsequent compliance monitoring efforts.
- Manage efforts to create and maintain on-going uniformity of regional accounting and financial reporting activities.
- Perform comprehensive review of Organization’s current chart of accounts for optimization and establish and maintain consistency across all divisions of the Organization.
- Analyze and perform reconciliations of various key general ledger accounts and operational activities, introducing additional and refining existing methodologies where warranted.
- Perform finance-related special projects as needed (i.e., cost-benefit analysis, business case presentation, ad-hoc financial schedule/report development, strategic initiatives support, etc.) of varying degrees of complexity in facilitation of Management decisions.
- Apply analytical skills and business acumen to departmental activities to proactively identify actionable opportunities, offer recommendations and effect their implementation.
- Evaluate existing processes to identify inefficiencies and redundancies and make recommendations for improvement.
- Research and evaluate opportunities to introduce technology solutions to automate and reduce manual effort and create efficiencies in both recording and reconciling various financial reports.
- Partner with and develop strong relationships with functional teams across the Organization.
- A CPA with a minimum of 5-7 years of Accounting experience, some Public Accounting experience preferred
- Experience supervising and managing staff
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using technology solutions to improve efficiencies
- Not for profit experience a plus