A successful Assistant Director of Professional Development will efficiently balance both the strategy and the execution for all talent development functions, work well within a high operational tempo with an organization in growth, build effective relationships across the business quickly, provide education and training to the organization related to items aligned to talent development, ensure successful execution of succession planning, mid-year and year-end evaluations and any other items related (e.g. upskilling and reskilling efforts, mentorship programs, change management and other OD-related divisions, etc.) to talent development as well as adapt to changing priorities.
In addition, the Assistant Director of Professional Development will be expected to successfully partner with other Human Capital functions. The Assistant Director of Professional Development will provide insightful, confidential and business-focused guidance to leadership and other functional areas on all matters aligned to talent development.
This individual will work closely and proactively to communicate upcoming talent development actions and work closely with other functional areas to develop and execute integrated solutions. This individual will work collaboratively across all Human Capital functions to ensure delivery of value-added service to all employees to create a high-performance, sustainable organization that meets its strategic and operational goals and objectives.
A key part of the role will be assisting the Director of Professional Development in functioning as a change agent to the business, defining and executing strategies, educating and training employees and driving a culture of real-time feedback. In addition, focuses will include continuous process improvement and development of approaches to support and enable continued evolution of the organization to align with market conditions and employee feedback.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to function as a full cycle Talent development professional within a dynamic environment.
- Plan, design, redesign and manage new and existing professional development programs, creating talent solutions that focus on the growth and retention of our talent.
- Use data to evaluate and track the effectiveness of current talent development programs and recommend/implement enhancements and new initiatives as appropriate.
- Prepare and report on key talent metrics including but not limited to talent review data, career and leadership pipeline planning and internal moves and promotions.
- Assist the Director of Talent Development in leading change management efforts and associated communication of company talent initiatives.
- Remain current on talent and performance best practices, leveraging external partnerships and networks.
- Assist the Director of Talent Development in developing trainer development and mentoring programs and coach others involved in training efforts, providing effective growth and development opportunities.
- Assist the Director of Talent Development in planning NCSY professional development and their biannual staff retreats (StaffCon and SDC)
- Plan, organize, facilitate and order supplies for employee events.
- In conjunction with the Director of Talent Development monitor talent spending against the departmental budget.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of management and the human resources staff.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) with 2+ years of human resources experience focused on driving talent development, performance management and learning solutions preferred
- Proven ability to manage talent programs effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Experience with critical thinking and using data analytics and internal and external trends to assess program effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements.
- Experience working with talent and performance systems and tools