Assistant Director, Yachad New York
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Director will be part of the leadership team and help shape the future of programs and services in New York. Working under the direction and support of the Regional Director, the Assistant Director will help build a structure that allows for excellent customer service of both Yachad participants, their families, our volunteers, and staff. To deliver meaningful programs and services to those who need our help, with a mindset of growth in both membership and the number of programs we offer on an ongoing basis.
This position requires strong supervisory skills and knowledge of the community. Focus will be on ensuring that the region is strategically growing in current and new areas to best serve the special needs community.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Supervise program directors and programmatic staff (will vary based on experience).
- Oversight of the programmatic calendar including virtual and in person activities.
- New program development and partnership programs (ie schools, other organizations).
- Oversight of 3-4 hotel Shabbatonim for NY members and peers and involvement with NY ‘major events.’
- Work with Director of Volunteer Services on advisor recruitment and appreciation.
- Oversee communications such as weekly emails, remind and social media.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of regional staff.
- Provide a nurturing work environment in which all staff, volunteers, and Yachad members and peers feel valued, appreciated, and acknowledged for their contributions to the team.
- Oversee diligent input of regional data and monitoring/evaluation of the data.
- Work with the director to oversee the membership process.
- Provide ongoing staff supervision, including annual goal setting and benchmarking, weekly supervision, and regular performance appraisals. Provide feedback to staff on a regular basis. Feedback should be honest, compassionate, constructive, fair, and specific.
- Regularly analyze regional programming to ensure evolution and innovation, quality, engagement, and effective results.
- Assist in ensuring policy compliance including but not limited to:
- medical presence at all overnight events and the filing of MAR post event
- Volunteer background checks
- Kosher approvals
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of Yachad.
- Well versed in Jewish values and beliefs.
- Experience in organizational management and staff supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in the disability community preferred but not required.