The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units. The OU maintains a kosher certification service, whose circled U symbol, ?, is found on the labels of many kosher commercial and consumer food products.
Jewish Action, the magazine of the OU, is seeking a talented self-starter for an Associate Digital Editor position. This entry-level position entails writing and editing engaging content for digital platforms including our newsletter and all social media platforms. The candidate will oversee the monthly digital newsletter, and create meaningful and timely social content including video content. He/she will meet deadlines, track metrics and seek fresh ways to enhance audience engagement and increase the magazine’s impact and visibility on social media platforms. The ideal candidate is a recent graduate who is a hard worker and a fast learner.
This hybrid position (3 days at work in office required) is located in New York City and reports to the Editor in Chief.
- Work closely with editorial team to expand the publication’s digital presence
- Edit fresh content and post timely, relevant articles from the magazine for monthly email newsletter
- Write and edit engaging digital blurbs and teasers for newsletter
- Write, edit, and post content from the magazine on all social media platforms
- Work with editorial team to maximize stories’ reach
- Create compelling social content including reels
- Monitor social media channels for trends and best practices
- Assist with editing/proofreading articles for print publication and related tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field
- Ability to manage all social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Solid writing/editing skills
- Familiarity with social media best practices
- In-depth understanding of Orthodox Judaism and terminology
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong multitasking skills and attention to detail
- Basic graphic design skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of analytics tools a plus
- Familiarity with InDesign, WordPress and Acoustic a plus
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is between $50,000 and $55,000.
We offer employee-sponsored healthcare, dental and vision plans.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which we will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)