Who we are:
Each day, Jewish individuals around the world are positively impacted by the work of the Orthodox Union, with its array of religious, youth, social action, educational, public policy and community development services, programs and activities.
The Orthodox Union’s Center for Communal Research, founded in 2018, uses data to help the OU and other Jewish organizations better understand and serve the Jewish people. Our vision is a Jewish community that is both values-driven and evidence-informed, harnessing the power of data to identify its most pressing needs and most effective solutions.
About this position:
The Associate Researcher will support all aspects of the Center’s research agenda. Major responsibilities will include managing data collection, performing statistical analyses, coding qualitative data, and helping to create reports and presentations. This position is a good fit for an early-career professional with educational and employment background in data analysis and experience undertaking projects involving collaboration with multiple partners.
This is a full-time position with potential for growth, based in the OU’s headquarters in New York City. The Associate Researcher will report to a Principal Researcher at the Center for Communal Research.
In this role, you will:
- Provide support for all aspects of the research process, including study design, data collection and dissemination.
- Manage the data collection process, including phone and email communication with research participants.
- Assist in developing and programing survey instruments.
- Manage datasets and perform quantitative analysis using statistical software packages.
- Code qualitative data, such as interview and focus group transcripts.
- Assist in creating deliverables, incl. written reports, oral presentations, and visuals, for a variety of audiences.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (required). Major in sociology, psychology, economics, or other social science field preferred.
- Facility with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic quantitative skills and experience with at least one major statistical software package (Stata, SAS, SPSS, or similar). Experience with Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or similar survey platforms a plus.
- A clear and effective writing and communication style.
- Demonstrated time and project management skills, including an ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- A commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
- Sensitivity to and curiosity about a wide range of people and phenomena.
The Orthodox Union offers competitive employee benefits including health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, generous PTO, and paid holidays including Jewish holidays. The salary range for this position is $45,000-$55,000.