Are you a passionate Jewish educator, searching for
your next opportunity?
The Jewish Learning Initiative on Campus is seeking a full or part time
Rabbi or Rabbinic Couple to serve as Director(s) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
As OU-JLIC Director, you will…
- Engage day school graduates on campus
- Learn with students in Chevrutot, Chaburot, and Shiurim
- Mentor students, support their personal & religious development
- Provide social opportunities; build community
- Enhance Jewish life in Urbana Champaign by supporting the Eruv, Mikvah etc.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Broad, advanced Torah learning background.
- Demonstrated teaching ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills/social intelligence
- Open-minded/non-judgmental attitude.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Advanced secular knowledge; exposure to/appreciation for university culture.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Personal warmth and concern for others.
The Seif Jewish Learning Initiative on Campus (OU-JLIC) is a program of the
Orthodox Union, in partnership with Hillel.