Successful and expanding youth organization is seeking a full time professional for programming across the Greater Washington area. Areas of responsibility include teen recruitment, community engagement, and facilitating program growth. Qualified candidates will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, 2+ years experience in Jewish outreach, developing creative programing, and successfully implementing it within the broader Jewish community. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
- Create a programming plan annually for teens in the Greater Washington area focusing on Potomac and the surrounding area. This demographic mainly attends public and secular private schools but will include especially on Shabbat and Yom tov teens from Berman and JDS.
- Further levels of teen involvement among NCSYers and prospects through regular correspondence and contacts in person, by telephone, social media, alone and in conjunction with regional and advisory staff.
- Facilitate, and engage teens through, existing NCSY programs including; Latte and Learning, Senator Ben Cardin Jewish Scholars Program, Israel Advocacy/ Social Actions Programming, Shabbat Onegs, Teen Shiurim and other community wide social events.
- Run JSU clubs and associated programs for Montgomery County schools.
- Run “Shabbat and Yom Tov” home in Potomac for teens to experience a traditional Shabbat and Yom Tov.
- Actively participate in planning programming aspects of Regional Shabbatonim and events.
- Deliver on teen recruiting targets for Greater Washington area in regards to local, regional, and National NCSY programs including NCSY summer.
- Work with local, Regional and national summer staff to create and implement a summer programs recruitment strategy taking into account the needs of the day schools and local institutions.
- Work with Senior Specialist and local day schools to create and implement a GAP year recruitment and strategy
- Manage all aspects of teen relationships; including cultivation, social engagement, mentoring, and stewarding growth.
- Cultivate relationships with parents of teens who participate in NCSY programming.
- Cultivate partnerships and coordinate programs with Berman Academy, the Yeshiva of Greater Washington, JDS, and Kemp Mill orthodox shuls such as KMS, Shomrei Emunah etc.
- Work closely with the local Greater Washington staff and regional staff to implement programming and contribute to positive a working environment.
- Engage and oversee the involvement of volunteer staff from local and regional universities as teen mentors (a.k.a. Advisors).
- Communicate the success of your work within the organization- through anecdotes, multimedia, and community support -to the regional director, and development professionals.
- Assist in fundraising events in Greater Washington community, including the securing of honorees, and compilation of journals and dinner programs
- Work closely with City Director, Regional Director & Development staff on cultivating lay leadership.
- Work closely with City Director, Regional Director & Development staff on donor identification and solicitation.
- This is a full time job with NCSY. Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position offers subsidized housing in the Potomac community.