POSITION SUMMARY: The Department of Institutional Advancement is looking for a Conference Coordinator who is tasked to provide technical and administrative support for the Director of Events on a series of national and local conferences being held on an annual basis.
- Research vendors for conferences and exhibitors, building relationships with prospects and cultivating those relationships over the course of the year.
- Act as an initial contact with conference vendors including hotel, production companies, printers, venues, caterers, and entertainment.
- Manage payment of vendors for conferences.
- Answer general calls for national conferences and monitor conference email account.
- Compose and disseminate conference planning meeting agendas and reports as requested.
- Be on site to ensure the event runs smoothly (this will likely involve evening and weekend hours)
- Create materials and liaise with OU design team and production company for graphics and event materials such as name badges, registration materials, conference signage, speaker correspondence, rooming lists, and travel confirmation letters.
- Monitor the national conference website content and provide updates to communications team as needed.
- Manage general conference volunteers pre-conference and on-site
- Coordinate with the marketing team on email, social, print and internal marketing of conferences.
- Manage event production needs including AV, printing, etc.
- Support leadership in donor follow-up post events.
- Create room diagrams for breakouts taking place at national conferences as assigned.
- Manage RSVPs, special requests, VIP needs.
- Book staff travel related to events.
- Oversee arrangements for conference shipments and other related vendors
- Assist with managing and updating online registration portals for each conference.
- Assist with onsite management of registration desk and general support at national conferences as assigned, ensuring an excellent level of customer service
- Able to collaborate effectively with other OU departments and outside organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date files and inventory for national conferences: conference history, vendors, speakers, future site information, conference registration supplies, and signage.
Experience: 2-4 years’ related experience to include administrative support, event/conference management, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
(SALARY RANGE: $55,000 – $65,000 )