Who We Are:
NCSY, a division of the Orthodox Union, is the premier organization dedicated to connect, inspire and empower Jewish teens and encourage passionate Judaism through Torah and tradition. Its operations include Jewish-inspired after-school programs; summer programs in Israel, Europe, and the United States; weekend programming, shabbatons, retreats, and regionals; Israel advocacy training; and disaster relief missions
The Development Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting the Chief Development Officer (CDO) in all aspects of fundraising operations and donor stewardship. Responsibilities of this position will include coordinating logistics for fundraising campaigns, maintaining the CDO’s schedule, serving as a point of contact for gift entry, and apprenticing with the CDO in development and solicitation.
This role presents an opportunity for growth into a fundraising position, as you will have the chance to learn and develop your skills in solicitation.
The Development Assistant Will:
- Coordinate logistics and operations for all special events, including online campaigns (e.g., Day of Giving) and in-person events (e.g., Golf Outing), ensuring smooth execution and timely follow-up.
- Steward current and prospective donors by maintaining regular communication, sending thank-you notes, updating them on organizational initiatives, and providing excellent donor relations support.
- Communicate with development staff on behalf of the CDO, serving as the main point of contact for entering gifts into the development database (e.g., Velocity), ensuring accurate and timely recording of donor information.
- Collaborate with the development team and other stakeholders to support fundraising ef orts, contribute to fundraising plans, and provide input on strategies for donor engagement and cultivation.
- Maintain accurate records, documentation, and reporting related to fundraising activities, outcomes, and donor interactions.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and best practices in fundraising and donor relations, and apply this knowledge to improve fundraising operations and outcomes.
- Maintain the CDO’s schedule, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing calendars, and assisting with the completion of tasks to ensure efficient and effective fundraising operations.
- Apprentice with the CDO in development and solicitation, learning and developing skills in donor engagement, cultivation, and solicitation strategies.