POSITION SUMMARY: As Director, Chicago Yachad, this position is responsible, under the direction of the Director, National Yachad, to assist in the development of programming to implement the goals of the organization, program promotion, events/outreach coordination, and various tasks.
- Provides direction for the development, planning, implementation and promotion of program activities and their continued success
- Supervising the staff of part-time Yachad employees in Chicago
- Selects and trains the program and support staff and supervises the selection process
- Provides for evaluation of staff development activities, in conjunction with the Director, National Programs
- Provides direction to staff, regarding professional growth and improvement of performance.
- Coordinates and maintains standards of excellence for programs.
- Monitors program budgets if need be
- Scheduling, budget processing, and supervision of staff when applicable
- Program planning and preparation as needed
- Responsible for maintaining required records on all participants enrolled in programs.
- The Director, Chicago Yachad will be responsible for programming duties when advised by the Director, National Yachad.
- Sometimes may be required to help out and take part in other events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Three years of experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of social services and working with people with disabilities.
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft .
- Experience with principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, and training.
- Experience and knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership technique, coordination of people and resources.