Yachad, The National Jewish Council for Disabilities is a thriving global organization dedicated to addressing the needs of all Jewish individuals with disabilities and ensuring their inclusion in every aspect of Jewish life. Our inclusive design aims to ensure persons with diverse abilities their rightful place within the Jewish community, while helping to educate and advocate for a greater understanding, acceptance, outreach, and a pro-disability attitude. There are Yachad Chapters located throughout the United States and Canada.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible, under the direction of the International Director, to supervise Yachad National chapters, assist in the development of programming to implement the goals of the organization, Assist in the development of National events/outreach, and provide fundraising support to National chapters and their staff.
- Provides direction for the development, planning, implementation and promotion of program activities around the country in all Yachad regional chapters
- Supervision of all national department employees
- Director supervision of (2-4) national chapters
- Coordinates and maintains standards of excellence for programs.
- Scheduling, budget monitoring, and supervision of staff as applicable
- Coordinates marketing and fundraising activity in the National Department in coordination with management team
- This position will be responsible for programming or other duties when advised by the International Director.
- This position will be responsible for growing the National department through innovative programs, staff development and recruitment strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Three years of experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of organization life working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft, Admire Fundraising software and Social media proficiency.
- Experience with principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, and training preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership technique, coordination of people and resources preferred.