Development Director Yachad Chicago:
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Plans, directs, and implements all aspects of annual campaign development activities for Chicago community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, develop and implement annual campaign with quantifiable goals, strategies and measurable outcomes.
- Plan and organize annual fundraising activities including; annual gala or similar program, year- end giving day effort and new outreach events such as parlor meetings, “friendraisers”, face to face solicitations and other events aimed at expanding the reach of Yachad Chicago.
- Along with Yachad’s Foundation department, research new Foundations and grant opportunities while simultaneously expanding Yachad’s relationship with Federation and current foundation supporters, resulting in increased dollars for the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to significantly expand and build upon the current pipeline of major donors. Cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective donors through face-to-face solicitations, dinners and other innovative events.
- Work along with the Director to create an environment which boosts Yachad’s visibility and creates a culture of giving within the Chicago community.
- Partner with the Director of Yachad Chicago to market and raise funds for the most critical programs for the region.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in significant development role.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing an annual campaign strategy.
- Proven experience in cultivating and soliciting five figure donors.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work independently.
- Ability to work well within a National structure. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and writing skills.
- Knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community is essential and understanding and belief in the mission of Yachad is helpful.
- Salary commensurate with experience.