Job Title: Director of Strategic Partnerships
NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are looking for a dynamic and inspiring Director of Strategic Partnerships with the skills and talent to help raise the bar on our development efforts. This position is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role in resource development for both organizations.
- Work with Director of Development to design a major gift strategy aimed at increasing the overall dollars raised in Canada.
- Initiate contact and meet with existing and potential donors.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with donors, board members, partners and colleagues
- Develop and implement engagement and cultivation strategies for prospects.
- Manage a portfolio of partnership prospects and donors. Develop tailored cultivation programs and personalized stewardship activities including identifying, evaluating and recommending the strategic steps necessary to bring the prospect closer to making a major financial commitment.
- Oversee the ongoing identification, monitoring and evaluation of a prospects level of giving capacity, as well as their readiness to give.
- Design and implement comprehensive stewardship strategies for all donors in the portfolio.
- Create and execute a plan for each donor in the portfolio so that the individual donors are retained and upgraded.
- Collaborate with colleagues, both regionally and nationally, to achieve key goals.
- Provide updates and reports to senior leadership, and donors, on the status of fundraising projections, and achievements.
- Other tasks and duties reasonable related to the job responsibilities.
- Significant experience in not profit fundraising, sales or related experience.
- Proven track record with an ability to motivate, cultivate, solicit and close gifts from prospects and donors.
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising best practices and the Jewish Philanthropic landscape is an asset.
- Highly self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information to donors, board members, and strategic partners.
- Willing to travel as needed for donor meetings, events and staff meetings across Canada.
- A passion for Jewish engagement and the mission of Jewish outreach and education.
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community in the GTA and across Canada is an asset.