The OU Impact Accelerator identifies and advances promising Jewish nonprofits. Through education, mentorship, and collaboration, we empower great leaders committed to strengthening our communal landscape in new ways.
Every year, the OU Accelerator selects 5-6 new, innovative Jewish nonprofits through an extensive recruitment process that includes lay leadership and OU colleagues. Once selected, the founders participate in a cohort experience that includes: curriculum, coaching, mentorship, and collaborative work to advance their organizations. After completing the ‘education’, organizations graduate via a demo day event and continue as alumni of our program. The Accelerator Director will oversee all aspects of this program.
Essential Job Functions:
• Relationship management – build and manage relationships internally at the OU and externally with lay leadership and donors, as well as maintaining and recruiting relationships with mentors. This will also include working with and engaging the OU Accelerator commission and other OU lay leadership. • Vision and growth – grow the Accelerator platform for advancing new Jewish nonprofits
• Management and collaboration – manage accelerator associate, and part-time community and social media manager, and collaborate with related employees including: fundraiser, marketing, management, and more.
• Day-to-day management – oversee accelerator associate for ongoing management of the cohort program and operations, including: selection, education, and graduation. This also includes budgeting for the OU department, personnel management, and general department head responsibilities.
• Coaching and consulting – work 1-1 with accelerator ventures and alumni to guide for nonprofit growth. A background in business or nonprofit growth is preferred.
• Leadership – act and represent the OU internally and externally in the Jewish community
Skills and Talents:
• Relationship management and lay leader recruitment
• Program management
• Creativity and vision
• Consulting / coaching
• Strong communication skills with multiple audiences: senior leadership, donors and lay leaders, ou colleagues, etc.
• Ability to work independently and is a self-starter
• Inspired by the project, which translates into constant motivation
• Organized and able to build new systems for organization and tracking
• Ability to keep track and consistently work on multiple projects relating to different aspects of the project
● Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years work experience, startup or innovative work experience preferred
● Masters degree or equivalent preferred
● Relationship management or customer success background
● Experience with creating new programs and/or project management