POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant is chiefly tasked to provide high-level administrative support by handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. They will also be tasked with event planning and program support. The primary responsibility is to support regional directors throughout the country. The Administrative Assistant must be someone who is careful and detail oriented.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Organize events by arranging logistics, interfacing with vendors, and setting up programs.
• Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare material for use nationwide.
• Perform general office duties, such as obtaining supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
• Maintain and update the website.
• 2 years of previous work experience as an Administrative Assistant.
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and familiarity of Judaic customs.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Knowledge of WordPress, web design and content management.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Strong desire to actively look for ways to help people.