POSITION SUMMARY: The Department of Institutional Advancement is looking for an Event Planner who is chiefly tasked to plan and execute events designed for donors, Benefactor Circle Members and the OU’s lay leadership. This position will work with the operations team to develop, plan and execute events on a local and national level. Tasks will include working with vendors and other OU departments, managing event marketing, managing registration, special requests and other event related tasks . He/She must be careful and detail-oriented.
• Act as key contact and negotiate contracts with event vendors including hotel, venue,
caterers, and entertainment.
• Be on site to ensure the event runs smoothly (this will likely involve evening and weekend
• Support leadership in donor follow-up post events
• Manage all RSVPs, special requests, VIP needs.
• Ability to liase with donors, OU executives and Board Leadership.
• Book staff travel related to events.
• Able to collaborate effectively with other OU departments and outside organizations.
• BA/BS required or comparable experience.
• Experience planning intimate (5-10 person) and large (100+) events.
• Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively and professionally.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written communication as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
• Strong desire to actively look for ways to help people.
• Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Attention to detail needed to maintain accountable records of activities.