Location: NYC HQ
7-10 years of previous administrative and development/project coordination experience
Who are we? Why Work at the OU?
Each and every day, countless Jewish people around the globe are impacted positively by the work of the Orthodox Union, with its array of religious, youth, social action, educational, public policy and community development services, programs, and activities.
Ever dream of going into work every day knowing you will have an impact on the greater Jewish community. Ever dream of being able to build your career while enhancing the Jewish future. Ever dream of being inspired daily by the various departments working harmoniously around you to better global Jewish life. Turn these dreams into reality. You can make a difference!
What You’ll Do
Under the supervision of the Chief Institutional Advancement Officer, the Executive IA Coordinator will coordinate and manage activities and projects on behalf of the Institutional Advancement Department.
- General Administrative Responsibilities: The IA Coordinator will have general administrative responsibilities: managing resource development data and private donor and foundation information; scheduling meetings, events, appointments, and travel; corresponding with donors; interfacing with lay leadership, liaising with development and international staff; and other duties as assigned by the Chief Institutional Advancement Officer.
- Department Coordinator: As the Institutional Advancement Department’s chief coordinator, you will be expected to organize relevant players and processes to ensure that projects are well-prepared and delivered on time. You will be the go-to person for multiple tasks involved in pulling together and completing projects.
- Grant Coordination & Management: The IA Executive Coordinator will oversee and maintain the OU grant-management system to ensure that all entries, deadlines, and requirements are fulfilled. Coordinate grant requests, applications, and reports, including working with different departments to collect, coordinate, and collate information needed for an application or report, and ensure that all relevant information is submitted. You will work closely with our department of Strategic Partnerships to research new potential funding sources.
- Donor Recognition: The IA Executive Coordinator will be responsible to interface with OU departments and their relationship mangers to develop a comprehensive donor recognition approach in coordination with the OU Benefactor’s Circle.
What You’ll Bring to the OU
- Strong people and engagement skills
- Excellent business management background and coordination abilities
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and innovative ideas
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing and follow up with minimal supervision.
- Innately resourceful and curious with an aptitude to learn quickly both informally (on-the-job) and through formal training.
- Meticulous about details and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced open office environment.
- Comfortable in taking the initiative to meet deadlines under pressure.
- A problem solver, able to visualize and articulate solutions using an analytical mindset.
- Able to talk with others to gather and convey information effectively.
- Able to multitask and handle several projects simultaneously.
- Highly skilled in English, able to understand written documents and communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for various audiences.
- Significant knowledge of administrative procedures and office management systems.
- An excellent tech savvy skill set, including word processing, desktop publishing, database management, and spreadsheets.
- A comfort level working with financial data, numbers, and using data-based research.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, including punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to identify common threads among unrelated events to draw conclusions about potential issues.
- Strong desire to proactively look for ways to help people.