Location: NYC, New York
Position Type: Full Time, in-person
The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units.
We are seeking a versatile Facilities Support Specialist to join our team. This role reports to the Director of Production and Maintenance Services and is instrumental in ensuring the smooth operation of our facilities and events. The Facilities Support Specialist will be responsible for various tasks, including but not limited to setting up and breaking down rooms for events, performing basic maintenance, handling logistics, mail delivery, ensuring a clean and neat office environment and providing general support services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and breakdown rooms for events and functions
- Arrange furniture, equipment, and materials according to function specifications
- Transport items such as boxes, furniture and equipment to and from various areas within the facility
- Ensure the timely delivery of incoming and outgoing mail and packages within the office
- Respond promptly to clean up spills, refuse, and other messes to maintain a safe and clean office environment
- Perform basic fingertip maintenance to office furniture and infrastructure
- Monitor and refill coffee stations with coffee beans, cups, lids and other condiments as needed
- Perform production work, including making copies and other tasks as assigned
- Perform other related tasks as needed
- Ability to lift and transport heavy objects
- Ability to be on one’s feet for several hours of a time
- Ability to go up and down stairs as needed
- High school diploma
- Previous experience in a similar role is advantageous but not mandatory.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is between $45,000 and $60,000, commensurate with experience.
We offer employee-sponsored healthcare, dental and vision plans.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which the OU will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)