NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking a Fundraising Administrator to work directly with the Fundraising team. The environment is fast paced, with tight deadlines and multiple projects.
- The successful candidate must have strong administrative skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to take on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Development and CEO, such as managing correspondence, preparing presentations and briefing notes, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, updating contact and distribution lists, recording minutes of meetings, etc.
- Administrative support also includes formatting and printing tribute cards, thank you letters, donor proposals
- Updating and inputting information into the company database
- Write grant proposals for existing sources of funding, and seek out new opportunities not currently identified
- Identify and build upon potential government, corporate, foundation and private sector funding sources
- Supports the Fundraising Event coordinator when needed including volunteer coordination on-site
- Other related duties as required.
- Two years of experience in an administrative role, preferably in the not-for-profit sector, demonstrating an ability to work well independently on several projects concurrently, and possess excellent communication, organizational, creative thinking skills
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel is required
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Attendance at fundraising events after business hours.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication with marketing and communications
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Prior experience working in a Jewish organization is an asset