Successful and expanding youth organization is seeking a full time professional to lead its day school teen programming across the Greater Washington area. Areas of responsibility include teen recruitment, community engagement, and facilitating program growth. Qualified candidates will have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, 2+ years experience in Jewish outreach, developing creative programing, and successfully implementing it within the broader Jewish community. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
● Create a programming plan annually for affiliated teens in the Greater Washington area. This demographic mainly attends Jewish Schools but some will be in public and secular private schools. The common denominator is their affiliation with Orthodox/Jewish institutions like Beth Shalom/Kemp Mill Synagogue etc.
● Further levels of teen involvement among NCSYers and prospects through regular correspondence and contacts in person, by telephone, or facebook, alone and in conjunction with regional and advisory staff.
● Facilitate, and engage teens through, existing NCSY programs including; Latte and Learning, Senator Ben Cardin Jewish Scholars Program, Israel Advocacy/ Social Actions Programming, Shabbat Onegs, Teen Shiurim and other community wide social events.
● Run “Shabbat and Yom Tov” home for teens to experience a traditional Shabbat and Yom Tov.
● Actively participate in planning programming aspects of Regional Shabbatonim and events.
● Deliver on teen recruiting targets for Greater Washington area in regards to local, regional, and National NCSY programs including NCSY summer..
● Work with local, Regional and national summer staff to create and implement a summer programs recruitment strategy taking into account the needs of the day schools and local institutions.
● Work with Senior Specialist and local day schools to create and implement a GAP year recruitment and strategy
● Manage all aspects of teen relationships; including cultivation, social engagement, mentoring, and stewarding growth.
● Cultivate relationships with parents of teens who participate in NCSY programming.
● Cultivate partnerships and coordinate programs with local Jewish schools such as JDS and Berman Academy and orthodox shuls such as Beth Shalom, KMS and other OU affiliated synagogues.
● Represent NCSY within the professional Jewish community and its organizations i.e. Synagogue, Day Schools, Jewish Federation, JCC etc.
● Work closely with the local JSU director and regional staff to implement programming and contribute to positive a working environment.
● Engage and oversee the involvement of volunteer staff from local and regional universities as teen mentors (a.k.a. Advisors).
Conclave and Regional Events
● Work closely with Regional staff on creating and implementing a calendar of regional Shabbatonim and events.
● Works with Director of Special Projects and Education Director to create and implement an educational plan for these events.
● Part of senior team at day school weekends and events. As such will manage some of the educational programming at each event and has an upfront role at events.
● Communicate the success of your work within the organization- through anecdotes, multimedia, and community support -to the regional director, and development professionals.
● Assist in direct mail campaigns, fundraising events in Greater Washington community, including the securing of honorees, and compilation of journals and dinner programs
● Work closely with Regional Director & Development staff on cultivating lay leadership.
● Work closely with Regional Director & Development staff on donor identification and solicitation.