Position: HR Assistant Location: NYC HQ
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Thorough knowledge and familiarity of Judaic customs.
Who are we? Why Work at the OU?
Each and every day, countless Jewish individuals around the world are positively impacted by the work of the Orthodox Union, with its array of religious, youth, social action, educational, public policy and community development services, programs and activities.
Ever dream of going into work every day knowing you will have an impact on the greater Jewish community. Ever dream of being able to build your career while enhancing the Jewish future. Ever dream of being inspired daily by the various departments working harmoniously around you to better global Jewish life. Turn these dreams into reality. Apply now to start making a difference.
What You’ll Do
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support to the Human Resources Department by serving as the first responder to initial attendance information requests from employees, and performing clerical functions such as tracking attendance, assist with document filing, basic data entry, preparing reports and correspondence, receiving visitors, scheduling meetings and assisting clerical projects. The Human Resources Assistant must be detail oriented with a customer service orientation.
- Track and record attendance for all employees.
- Prepare reports, memos, letters and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports for presentation.
- Read and analyze incoming emails, memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Perform general office duties, such as copying, obtaining supplies, and data entry,
- File and retrieve corporate attendance documents, records, and reports.
- Maintain employee attendance records to legal and policy standards.
- Arranges for employee discount programs.
- Report to HR Manager and assist Chief HR Officer as needed.
- Collaborate and HR professionals from time to time on larger Human Resources projects.
- Assist HR department to file documents, answer phone calls, and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages when needed.
What You’ll Bring to the OU
- Strong people & engagement skills
- You love contributing to a positive candidate experience and continuously seeking new ways to improve our process
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing and follow up
- Innately curious with an aptitude to learn quickly both informally (on-the-job) and through formal training
- Meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced open office environment
- A problem solver, able to visualize and articulate solutions using an analytical mindset
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong desire to actively look for ways to help people