The HR Coordinator position assists employees with benefits enrollment and questions, verifies all insurance billing, maintains employee insurance database and files, and ensures compliance with required benefit notices.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Administer COBRA.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
- Assist Associate Director of HR in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Assist Associate Director of HR in completing benefits reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in employee benefits administration.