Northern New Jersey
Successful and expanding youth organization is seeking a full time
professional for programming across the Bergen County, NJ area. Areas of
responsibility include teen recruitment, community engagement, and facilitating
program growth. Qualified candidates will have strong organizational and
interpersonal skills, 2+ years experience in Jewish outreach, developing creative
programming, and successfully implementing it within the broader Jewish
community. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
● Create a programming plan annually for public school teens in the Northern New Jersey area focusing on communities that do not have a strong Orthodox infrastructure.
● Create and run JSU clubs and associated programs for local public and non Jewish private high schools.
● Further levels of teen involvement among NCSYers and prospects through regular correspondence and contacts in person, by telephone, or social media, alone and in conjunction with regional and
● Facilitate, and engage teens through existing NCSY/JSU programs including: Latte and Learning,
Israel Advocacy/ Social Actions Programming, Shabbat meals and Onegs, Teen Shiurim and other
community wide social events.
● Coordinate “Shabbat and Yom Tov” home in Bergen County for teens to experience a traditional
Shabbat and Yom Tov.
● Teach at a local Sunday Hebrew High school 3/4 Sundays a month during the school year.
● Actively participate in planning programming aspects of Regional Shabbatonim and events.
● Deliver on teen recruiting targets in regards to local, regional, and National NCSY programs including
NCSY summer and Yarchei Kallah.
● Run and participate in at least 1 JSU focused “chessed mission”
● Work with local, Regional and national summer staff to create and implement a summer programs recruitment strategy
● Manage all aspects of teen relationships; including cultivation, social engagement, mentoring, and stewarding growth.
● Cultivate relationships with parents of teens who participate in NCSY/JSU programming.
● Cultivate partnerships and coordinate programs with the local shuls, schools, Jewish Federation, and other YSOs and Jewish organizations.
● Work closely with the local staff and regional staff to implement programming and contribute to a positive working environment.
● Engage and oversee the involvement of volunteer staff from local and regional universities as teen mentors (a.k.a. Advisors).
● Communicate the success of your work within the organization through anecdotes, multimedia, and
community support to the regional director and development professionals.
● Assist in fundraising events in the Bergen County community, including the securing of honorees
and compilation of journals and dinner programs
● Work closely with Regional Director & Development staff on cultivating lay leadership.
● Work closely with Regional Director & Development staff on donor identification and solicitation.
● This is a full time job with NCSY.