DESCRIPTION: The OU Office of the General Counsel provides professional legal services,
advice and counsel in support of the OU and its mission. The General Counsel acts as the chief legal
officer and is responsible for the legal oversight of every branch of the OU. The Legal Coordinator
will be responsible to run all aspects of the General Counsel’s office. The Legal Coordinator must
have project management skills, be detail-oriented and project a professional company image
through all modes of communication.
• Prepare correspondence, reports, memos, letters, materials for publications and
presentations and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheets, database, or
• Manage and maintain the General Counsel’s calendar.
• Monitor the department’s budget and prepare and maintain Executive expense reports.
• Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
• Attend meetings and create, transcribe, and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
• Perform general office duties, such as answer the phone, managing incoming departmental
requests for review, obtaining supplies, and maintaining records in a management database
• Project management
• Other administrative duties as required
The above job responsibilities describe a general description for this position.
• 2-3 years of previous office work experience
• Paralegal experience is preferred but not necessary
• Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve, create systems for organization and improved processes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The successful candidate can demonstrate the
following: the highest degree of integrity; the ability to effectively communicate in a professional
diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner and level applicable to the job and an understanding of
and dedication to the Orthodox Union mission. The individual will be a highly motivated, highenergy team player with a positive attitude as well as a strong desire to learn new skills and take
on new projects and direction. The position requires an ability to follow direction, follow through
on detail, excellent communication, writing skills, and organizational skills.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants must submit a letter of intent explaining your strengths
and what you can bring to this position, and an up-to-date resume.