POSITION SUMMARY: As Coordinator of Outreach, this position is responsible, under the direction of the Director of Summer Programs, to plan and implement recruitment events and connections within communities across the United States and Canada. Additionally, they will oversee all PR & Marketing for summer programs, and play a role in overseeing new intakes. This position will also work in the summer as a supervisor of some of our program when they are in operation.
- Respond to all variety of leads and inquiries that reach our office in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Create and implement plan to target approximately 16 communities over 6-8 “prime” months for Yachad recruitment by working with the local coordinators in each sector.
- Travel or organize others to travel to said communities to meet with community leaders and special educators. Hold parent meetings (either in groups or individually) to explain Yachad’s mission and services- related and unrelated to summer programs.
- Follow up and assist parents through the intake process.
- Proactively plan marketing and PR strategies for the department, and oversee its execution and publication.
- Work directly with the OU senior Marketing manager and Yachad’s marketing administrator to implement new and existing marketing strategies.
- Work with student interns and families on the process of conducting intakes.
- Supervise (clinically and programmatically) some of our summer camp programs when they are in season.
- Be part of the team that works on Yachad Summer events (Example: Program Director Training Conference)
- Help with logistics, paperwork and other department needs as necessary and available.
- Required to help out and take part in other Yachad events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in a related field preferred
- Three years of experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of social services and working with people with disabilities.
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft suite.
- Experience and knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership technique, coordination of people and resources.