POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for overseeing financial functions relating to the international NCSY program. This position will be instrumental in preparing, analyzing, tracking, and projecting financial information.
- As the key member of the Finance team, contribute toward its goals of ensuring accurate and timely financial records, providing credible financial advice, and developing appropriate strategies for the NCSY department (approximately $35 million financial operation).
- Act as a liaison between NCSY and the OU Finance Department to handle all NCSY financial matters.
- Oversee the classification and reconciliation of all NCSY finances (revenue and expenses)
- Work closely with NCSY Summer (a $12 million department of NCSY) on all matters of financial planning including: budget management, revenue recognition, expense reconciliation, and closing books in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide ongoing support and advice to NCSY senior leadership and 12 regional directors regarding best practices for financial activities and budgeting.
- Work with each region’s administrative staff and regional director to ensure timely and accurate submission of local financial activity.
- Apply analytical skills and business acumen to departmental activities to proactively identify actionable opportunities, offer recommendations and effect their implementation.
- Partner with and develop strong relationships with other functional teams across the organization.
- Analyze and review NCSY’s monthly results against budget. Utilize the OU accounting software to research variances. Work with the Finance Department and NCSY to resolve any questions or open items.
- Prepare projections for each of NCSY’s significant programs. Track results of program according to projections.
- Prepare initial budget reports for NCSY’s senior management. Work in tandem with senior management to refine and present an annual budget to the organization’s senior management and lay leadership.
- Assist programs with formal grant requests and donor solicitations by compiling financial information and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles required.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Strong ability to synthesize large sets of data and summarize into meaningful reports and recommendations
- Skilled at analyzing, researching, and articulating financial ideas and information to non-financial staff
- Capable of prioritizing competing responsibilities in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics and QuickBooks a plus