About this position:
The Reporting & Data Analyst will focus on making NCSY data accessible to staff at every level of the organization, as well as external stakeholders. Primary responsibilities will include developing reports and interactive dashboards to present attendance-related data, and providing trend analysis, surfacing meaningful data-informed insights and trends to NCSY and OU management.
This is a full-time position, with the possibility of remote or hybrid work for a candidate with demonstrated ability to self-direct and work collaboratively in a virtual environment. Candidates in the New York area may work from the OU’s headquarters in the Financial District.
In this role you will:
- Write SQL queries to produce spreadsheets with specific datasets
- Prepare and maintain on-demand reports for a range of end-users – field staff, management, and external stakeholders
- Develop dashboards for real-time access to data
- Analyze trends across our datasets to proactively surface meaningful data points, and provide trend analysis across the organization, as well as for specific initiatives, to help inform and guide management and strategic planning
- Expand the scope of data sources integrated into our data infrastructure (e.g. fundraising numbers, marketing analytics)
- Work closely with team members to surface data quality issues and collaborate on processes to maintain and improve data integrity and quality
- Own the data lifecycle for the JSU Katz Initiative, to support data-informed evaluation and analysis of NCSY’s JSU [public school club] strategy, with a particular focus on producing stakeholder and management reports and analysis
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A curiosity around data and making numbers and statistics meaningful to a layperson.
- Time and project management skills including an ability to balance self-guided project work, with seeking guidance to minimize project bottlenecks
- An ability to discover the “question behind the question”, and work with staff to identify the statistics and analyses that best serve their purpose.
- Familiarity with SQL and BI platforms (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- A BA with a Major in Business Analytics or Computer Science (or other data related field) preferred but demonstrated experience may be considered.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility, motivation and ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints