POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Director will be part of the leadership team in NJ and help shape the future of programs and services in NJ region. Working under the direction and support of the Assistant Director of Yachad NJ, the program director will help create and implement a multitude of social programs that support individuals with disabilities and their families. At the forefront will be excellent customer service of both Yachad participants, their families, volunteers, and staff. Our goal will be to deliver meaningful programs and services to those who need our help, with a mindset of growth in both membership and the number of programs we offer on an ongoing basis.
This position requires knowledge of program development and knowledge of the community. Focus will be on ensuring that the region is strategically growing in current and new areas to best serve the special needs community. Emphasis on working with individuals with disabilities and providing inclusive opportunities to socialize with peers.
- Outreach to new Yachad participants in the community
- Oversee the daily programming and staff coordination of The Mendel Balk Yachad Center (some evening hours required)
- Intake of new participants and assist with membership registration
- Maintains members accounts in Yachad’s database (MARS)
- Work with local Yachad Coordinators to ensure events are well staffed and relevant information is entered in database
- Lead a weekly virtual program
- Assists with overall programming needs as determined by supervisor
- Coordinate shabbatonim (details to be determined)
- Be part of Yachad NJ special projects.
- Execute community engagement activities that bring Yachad into the community
- Strong commitment to the mission of Yachad and a passion for supporting the Jewish individuals with disabilities
- Well versed in Jewish values and beliefs
- Experience in program development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer Skills (Microsoft office)
- Creative and organized
- Able to work independently
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field.