The North Shore Coordinator will develop and manage social, recreational and Jewish communal activities for children, teens and adults with disabilities and their neurotypical peers. We seek a multi-talented individual familiar with the region: North Shore includes Lynnefield, Malden, Salem, Marblehead, Peabody, and Swampscott up to Cape Ann (essentially the CJP catchment area), and a bit of Metro North Andover, Lynn and Lowell. The individual will preferably have experience in the Jewish community and will embrace the mission of Yachad. The ideal candidate for this position will have a keen attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion and a deep commitment to the philosophy of inclusion and experience with disability issues. The individual must also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, keep records of all events and is expected to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion and professionalism in all activities. This is a part-time position with flexible hours that routinely requires evening and weekend work, including attending events. Experience in direct services, case management or social work to individuals with special needs is preferred.
• Outreach/recruitment to parents and possible Yachad participants.
• Plan with local partner organizations, including synagogues and Jewish day schools to host social groups and joint events for participants with disabilities, families and community members.
• Regularly meet with key community leaders, parents, clergy, school officials, local stakeholders, North Shore social service agencies and Yachad members.
• Support Yachad members and make referrals to other agencies as needed.
• Implement social and recreational programs in ways that ensures safety, fosters friendships and promotes socialization of our members. This includes reaching out to local teens and college students as peer participants.
• Coordinate local events and logistics (space, calendar, food, speakers/guests, etc.) with regional staff, partner agencies, volunteers, and vendors.
• Coordinate teen volunteers for all North Shore Boston events.
• Train different populations in sensitivity and awareness.
• Submit weekly reports, receipts and reimbursement forms, participate in monthly staff meetings and maintain records in Yachad’s database.
Qualifications and Skills:
• BA required
• MA or MSW degree is preferred. Social workers or mental health professionals are also encouraged to apply.
• Preferably candidate has experience with individuals with disabilities and special needs. Experience in direct services, case management or social work is preferred.
• Understanding of Jewish values and practice.
• Demonstrated strength in developing relationships with diverse groups and creating interesting, engaging and developmentally appropriate programs.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention-to-detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Ability to manage purchasing of supplies, food and equipment and maintaining invoices, record keeping, tracking receipts and program costs.
• Driver’s License required.
• High energy, optimistic, creative and passionate about making a difference in the future of the Jewish community.