The OU’s Jewish Learning Initiative on Campus (OU-JLIC) was created to help young men and women thrive in a secular campus environment and helps Jewish students observe key aspects of Jewish life, such as tefillah, kashrut, Shabbat, and chagim. Our educators serve in partnership with Hillel as teachers and Torah role models within 21 universities across the United States, Canada and Israel; learning with student’s one-on-one, coordinating weekly classes, and organizing guest lectures and other events.
• Oversee and manage the OU-JLIC student tracking database with regular submissions by Educators.
• Update OU-JLIC’s current student data.
• Verify and update OU-JLIC’s alumni data.
• Assist in creating and implementing different fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
• Work with other staff members on updating and distributing promotional materials for High School visits.
• Oversee the process of data entry collected from High Schools and Israel programs.
• An active member of national staff and take on other tasks as needed, including the logistical efforts of two OU-JLIC staff conference.
• Appreciation for OU-JLIC’s work.
• Completed at least one semester of college; 3.3+ GPA.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience using an online database system is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized. Responsible. Team Player.
• 15-17 hours a week
• Intern will set his/her schedule with supervisor, and is expected to maintain that schedule. May adjust weekly hours or change schedule within reason.
• Must be able to come into office (Financial District).
• Flexibility to partially work remotely.
• Expected to attend two OU-JLIC staff conferences; one at the end of the summer and one at end of December/early January.