Program Director, Yachad Manhattan & Monsey
Job Title: Program Director, Yachad Manhattan & Monsey
Department: Yachad New York
Supervisor: Director, Yachad New York
Location: New York headquarters office as base & onsite at programs
Position Summary- The Program Director is responsible for the day to day running of Yachad programing in Manhattan and Monsey. This includes but is not limited to overseeing enhancement of programming and program promotion, events coordination, outreach, and tasks that promote inclusion and serve individuals with developmental disabilities. This person will work very closely with the Regional Director ensuring the success and growth of Yachad’s programming.
- Coordinate the development, planning, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of programming in the Manhattan and Monsey area. Between 2-4 programs a week.
- Oversee, recruit, support, and supervise program staff and volunteers.
- Foster strong and supportive relationships with individuals, their families, volunteers, staff, local schools, local shuls, and community partners. Providing excellent customer service.
- Oversee the intake and support of new membership with a focus on growth of the chapter.
- Work with local schools on partnerships that may be social or educational special events.
- Work with local community partners and schools to plan 2-3 regional community based Shabbatonim.
- Work with wider Yachad NY team, and other Yachad departments, on 2-3 hotel Shabbatonim (Leadership Shabbaton, Family Shabbaton…).
- Responsible for overseeing the updating and maintenance of the membership database, including participants enrolled in programs and other related data, along with accompanying administrative tasks and event billing.
- Coordinate and maintain standards of excellence for programs.
- Working collaboratively with NY staff and the wider Yachad on local and national projects and partnerships.
- Knowledge of social services and working with people with disabilities.
- Excellent with written and oral communication, and great interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasker with great time management skills, organized and detail oriented.
- Programming experience ideal.
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and all platforms of social media.
- Experience working with teens and college students preferred.
Schedule: This is a full-time position, with flexible working hours, some hours required during the business day and other hours required outside of the typical business day (evenings and Sundays, Shabbatons, etc.); Supervision of all programs is required.
(Salary Range- $50,000-$55,000)