Mandated Services Project Manager
Every year, Teach Coalition helps around 60 New York Jewish schools complete reimbursement applications to the New York State Education Department for “Mandated Services Aid”. This aid is part of NYS Education law and reimburses nonpublic schools for carrying out state-required mandates such as tracking attendance and administering state exams.
The Mandated Services Project Manager will grow into a core member of Teach Coalition’s Mandated Services Reimbursement team responsible for collecting financial and administrative data from schools, analyzing the data, and completing reimbursement applications.
This candidate will interface directly with the mandated services staff and school personnel. He/she will help identify improvements to increase the efficiency of the Mandated Services Reimbursement process. He/she will also interface with the director of government maximization to apply the project management approach to other programs in Teach’s program portfolio.
- Supervising all components of the Mandated Services Aid, including collecting data on school demographics, staff scheduling, and financials.
- Create a yearly pacing calendar for claims and assign work to relevant staff will timelines for completion.
- Tracking progress of data collection process on a shared project management platform and spreadsheets that are easily understandable and accessible to all staff.
- Work with Mandated Services Director and Government Maximization Director to identify gaps in our processes and address them in real time.
- Develop a mastery of all claim processes by performing them and checking work of staff.
- Communicate regularly with school administration and support staff.
- Perform project management work in conjunction with the Government Maximization Director in other programs, time permitting.
- Proficient in Excel and spreadsheets
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Ability to network with schools and government officials
- Attention to detail/organized
- Problem solver
- Quick thinker
- Flexible and able to handle diverse, evolving work responsibilities.
Essential Character Traits
- Growth-oriented/interested in leadership
- Analytical and applies logic to solve problems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Meets deadlines and can work under pressure
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of workexperience, including in project management and data analysis.
- Write Excel Formulas
- Grants management
- Experience with government programs
- Basic understanding of payroll records
- Yeshiva and day school relationships
(Salary Range- $70,000-$80,000)