GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Plans, directs, and implements all aspects of annual campaign development activities for New York Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, develop and implement annual campaign with quantifiable goals, strategies and measurable outcomes.
- Plan and organize annual fundraising activities including; annual gala, year- end giving day and new outreach events such as parlor meetings, “friendraisers”, face to face solicitations and other events aimed at expanding the reach of Yachad New York.
- Research new Foundations and grant opportunities while simultaneously expanding Yachad’s relationship with Federation resulting in increased dollars for the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to significantly expand and build upon the current pipeline of major donors. Cultivate, solicit and steward prospective donors through face to face solicitations, dinners and other innovative events.
- Work to create an environment which boosts Yachad’s visibility and creates a culture of giving within the New York Community with a particular focus on Long Island.
- Partner with the Director of Yachad New York to market and raise funds for the most critical programs for the region.
Minimum of 7 years work experience in significant development role.
Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing an annual campaign strategy.
Proven experience in cultivating and soliciting five figure donors.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work independently.
Ability to plan and execute large scale events and dinners.
Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and writing skills.
Knowledge of Moves Management system of fundraising. Knowledge of the New York Jewish community and understanding and belief in the mission of Yachad is helpful.
Salary commensurate with experience.