POSITION SUMMARY: The Regional Director provides strategic vision, leadership, and managerial oversight based on an understanding of the local special needs community. Specifically, the Regional Director creates community awareness, partnerships, and development opportunities, as well as oversees programming, staff training and management, and community relations in each city. The Regional Director is responsible for ensuring that the Region is strategically growing in order to best serve the special needs community and to promote inclusion within every aspect of Jewish life.
- Develop, articulate and implement ongoing and dynamic strategy and vision for the Region.
- Create a list of major goals that will be used to operationalize your vision in the current year. For each goal develop specific measurable objectives that that will be used to assess annual impact.
- Create a marketing and public relations strategy to promote Yachad throughout the Region.
- Cultivate relationships with local lay leaders, principals, rabbis, directors, and other community leaders at a local and regional level to drive Yachad’s growth and impact
- Partner with local institutions, schools, synagogues, and youth departments to promote Yachad’s mission of inclusion and lay the foundation for growth and collaboration
- Cultivate relationships and partner with other organizations that serve the special needs community to further Yachad’s mission and best support the special needs community
- Work with Director of Development to set resource development goals and implement a strategic approach to financial resource development to enhance the Region’s operations.
- Organize and execute fundraising events and activites
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and coach professional and administrative support staff.
- Provide a nurturing work environment in which all staff, volunteers, and Yacahd members and peers feel valued, appreciated, and acknowledged for their contributions to the team.
- Oversee diligent input of regional data and monitoring/evaluation of the data.
- Provide ongoing staff supervision, including annual goal setting and benchmarking, weekly supervision, and regular performance appraisals. Provide feedback to staff on a regular basis. Feedback should be honest, compassionate, constructive, fair, and specific.
- Provide opportunities for continuing professional training and development.
- Travel to, observe, and evaluate each aspect of operation within the region.
- Oversee the development of a comprehensive calendar of programming that meets the needs and interests of Yachad members and peers in each area
- Regularly analyze regional programming and shabbatons to ensure evolution and innovation, quality, engagement, and effective results.
- Act as summer programs liaison for the region
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Yachad members, parents, donors, and leadership through various media (e.g. face-to-face meetings, direct mail, e-mail, newsletters, website, etc.)
- Comply with National Yachad requests for information and assistance as requested.
- Strong commitment to the mission of inclusion and passion for supporting the special needs community
- Well versed in Jewish values and beliefs
- Experience in fundraising and development
- Expertise in human resource management, public relations, and marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter; able to work independently
- Advanced degree preferred