Regional Director, Yachad New England
The Regional Director occupies a critical leadership position in the organization. Working closely with an experienced senior staff of 3 local department heads, he/she reports to the Director of Communal Engagement at Yachad’s headquarters. The Regional Director provides organizational leadership and oversees the overall administrative management of the agency’s programs, including implementation of strategic objectives and organizational initiatives. The Regional Director works collaboratively and supervises the senior staff who manage each of their departments (programming, clinical, community partnerships and volunteer engagement). Within each of these departments are a dynamic staff totaling 20+ individuals and the Regional Director helps chart a course to help each staff member grow in their professional goals and respective areas of work. The Regional Director encourages and models’ interdepartmental communication and actively identifies and increases efficiencies within the organization’s workflow on a continual basis. This position also motivates staff, provides, and models effective project management skills, and represents the organization to internal and external audiences and partners. The Regional Director manages the Advisory Board of lay leaders and sets goals and priorities with the Board so they can be successful ambassadors and stakeholders for Yachad New England.
The Regional Director is the primary visionary for Yachad New England, and the foremost forward-facing representative of Yachad to the local Jewish community and other disability/human service provider agencies. The Regional Director oversees and manages the annual budget and oversees expenses and financial reporting. He/she assists with fundraising including attending meetings with CJP, foundations and funders in partnership with the Regional Director of Development. He/she also participates in the annual Upreaching donor solicitation campaign and collaborates in designing program grants submitted by the Director of Development. Together with the Director of Development, the Regional Director sets annual goals and identifies priorities that lead to the pursuit of grants and donor solicitations. Similarly, the Regional Director supports marketing initiatives to both promote local programs and to support revenue enhancements.
As the agency head, this position supervises the 3 senior staff. He/she supervises the Associate Director/Director of Programs who is responsible to manage the implementation and development of programming, and day to day program activities. The Regional Director also supervises the Director of Clinical Programs and support Services who manages member support services, day to day clinical programs and therapeutic activities, and the clinical internship programs with area universities. Finally, the Regional Director supervises the Director of Community Partnerships and Volunteer Engagement who manages the core relationships with affiliates in area synagogues, day schools and other partner agencies, as well as supervising the volunteer recruitment and training program, and year-round community-based partnership programs with our affiliates.
The Regional Director participates in Yachad meetings and priority setting with colleagues across Yachad’s Communal Engagement division and supports the national Yachad agenda regarding local implementation. should be self-driven with excellent managerial and communication (spoken & written) skills, ability to multi-task and be able to strategically broaden and deepen the organization’s work in the region and broader Jewish community. This position oversees program staff, interns, and volunteers and works closely with members of the Board, community partners and key stakeholders.
The Regional Director will be responsive to Yachad families and our constituency community of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and autism. He/she will embrace the mission and support efforts to bring high quality programs and support services to the local Jewish community. This is a year-round full-time position with benefits from the Orthodox Union. All OU staff currently are working in person 3 days/week minimum with the balance as remote work. Some travel out of state may be involved to annual meetings and more locally to meet with colleagues, collaborators, and stakeholders.
- Supervisor for 3 Senior Staff team. In this capacity supervises Senior Staff who each manage their teams who implementing programs and services across the region.
- Provides direction for the development, planning, implementation and promotion of program activities, clinical services, and ongoing programmatic success.
- Manages hiring and recruitment of staff.
- Provides overall direction of the agency and direction to staff, regarding professional growth and improvement of performance as part of ongoing and regular supervision of individuals and teams.
- Coordinates and maintains standards of excellence for programs.
- Monitors agency annual budget, and separate departmental budgets including appropriate use of grant funds. Produces budget reports as needed. This includes maintaining fiscal oversight for the programs including accounting, budgeting, expenses tracking and overseeing reporting.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of required records across the agency and compliance with all regulations.
- Oversees compliance with regulatory authorities, reporting requirements to funders, grantees, and the Orthodox Union, in conjunction with the Senior Staff and Director of Development.
- Actively engaging in the strategic planning process with the national staff, local Advisory Board Members, local Senior Staff, and key stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, assists with key fundraising activities.
- Develops organizational goals in coordination with the Senior Staff and national Yachad leadership and implements them effectively.
- Always represents Yachad New England as its senior agency leader.
- Masters preferred
- Five to Seven years minimum of management experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Knowledge of social services, program administration and management
- Experience supervising individuals and teams.
- Strong leadership, decision making, interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills; solid presentation, negotiation, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and meeting management skills
- Comfortable and up to date on the use of technology
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion as key strategies toward broad-based institutional excellence, representing a range of perspectives, thought, and actions
- Demonstrated experience with budget development, analysis, and management
- Prefer experience working with people with disabilities.
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite. Yachad will train on other proprietary data management systems.
- Experience with principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, and training and motivation.
- Experience and knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership technique, coordination of people and resources.
- This position interacts with a wide variety of people including staff, community leaders, volunteers, and clients.
- Full-Time position with benefits
- This position requires meetings both in and out of the office.
- This position requires occasional travel to NY/NJ for national staff meetings, as well as frequent evening activities and community engagements