Position: Special Initiatives Administrative Support Location: NYC HQ
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What You’ll Do
This position is primarily tasked with recruiting students/community members to participate in Yachad events run by the Special initiatives Department. This role will require the individual to visit schools to recruit students, including follow up and ongoing support, ensuring that the students remain engaged and involved with Yachad. The role will also be defined by the senior director and will include additional involvement in the projects run by this department. Travel to other chapters and locations to assist in the running of events will also be likely.
- Building relationships with families, members and donors
- Assisting and helping at events as needed
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing and follow up
- Innately curious with an aptitude to learn quickly both informally (on-the-job) and through formal training
- Meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced open office environment
- A problem solver, able to visualize and articulate solutions using an analytical mindset
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong desire to actively look for ways to help people.