The Staff Writer will write and edit compelling and engaging content to help tell the stories of Teach Coalition. The Staff Writer will possess the ability to write clear, meaningful content in a relatable, conversational tone of voice and take direction from supervisors, balancing various stakeholders, on revisions and rewrites. The Staff Writer will also use her/his understanding of Teach and its voice and place in the community to develop strong, publishable content.
- The staff writer will be responsible for drafting content for various audiences/mediums – Teach donors, press, speaking engagements, etc.
- Writing and editing articles, press releases, speeches, emails, web copy, direct mail fundraising campaigns and more
- 5+ professional writing experience, experience at a non-profit and/or political organization is a plus
- BA/BS required in English or Communications preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Well-versed in Hebrew and Orthodox Jewish terminology
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and take constructive feedback well
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well within a team
- Strong multitasking skills and attention to detail is a must