Teach Coalition advocates for government policies and funding to benefit yeshivot, day schools and nonpublic schools. Priority issues include security, STEM funding, mandated services, and COVD-19 policies, including school openings and kosher meal distribution.
The Event Manager will be tasked to coordinate and execute all Teach Coalition wide events. These events are designated for, but not limited to, donors, lay leadership, and schools. This role will work with the Grassroots and Development teams to create, plan, and execute events on a local and national level. Tasks will include identifying and working with venues and vendors, adhere to budget guidelines, and creating event analysis as needed.
- Coordinate and execute local and national events
- Research and maintain relationship with multiple vendors
- Act as key contact and negotiate contracts with event vendors including hotel, venue, caterers, and entertainment
- Be on site ensure the event runs smoothly (this will likely involve evening and weekend hours)
- Manage RSVPs, special requests, VIP needs
- Book staff travel related to events
- Identify and manage schedules, checklists, and budgets to ensure all aspects are meeting organizational standards.
- Able to collaborate effectively with other OU departments and outside organizations.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
- A minimum of 4-5 years of event management experience in a fast-paced corporate environment required
- Highly motivated self-starter who can initiate and maintain contacts, relationships, projects, meetings, and events
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing and follow up
- A problem solver, able to visualize and articulate solutions using an analytical mindset
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Ability to complete multiple assignments with attention to detail in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong people, communication & engagement skills
- Strong commitment to Jewish education and advocacy
- Teamwork skills and able to work toward new goals
- Ability to pivot quickly to address rapidly changing situations
Salary Range- $100,000-$125,000