Teach NYS works with NY state legislators on behalf of our Jewish day schools and yeshivas. Issues we advocate include securing state funding for our schools for technology, textbooks, mandated services and security.
The Teach NYS Associate Director of Grassroots Engagement will be responsible for cultivating relationships with activists, lay leaders, and school officials, development, and event management across the Jewish Communities in certain areas assigned to them. Working with a team of others, they will be supported as they expand the reach of Teach NYS and work to better the Jewish Day School Community.
- Recruit new lay leaders and volunteers into positions of advocacy and volunteering with Teach NYS
- Fundraising and donor development
- Represent and be the lay interface of this initiative via public speaking and appearances at synagogue, day school and regional events
- Communicate messaging, talking points, and Action Alerts to the leadership network
- Liaising with a broad cross section of Jewish Day schools, working with students, heads of schools, and parent board members regarding activism and education policy
What You’ll Bring to Teach NYS
- Strong people, communication & engagement skills
- Ability to inspire and make a difference
- Teamwork skills and able to work toward new goals
- Highly organized and great at prioritizing and follow up
- A problem solver, able to visualize and articulate solutions using an analytical mindset
- Able to talk to others to convey information effectively.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to self- motivate, prioritize, work independently and complete multiple assignments with attention to detail in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- An engaging personality, strong interpersonal skills combined with determination, resiliency and a positive attitude
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong desire to actively look for ways to help people.
- Ties to the Jewish day school community preferred but not required