Position: TEMPORARY Development Officer Location: West Coast
Three+ years of proven success in cultivation and solicitation in a not for profit environment, especially with the growth of individual gifts
A college degree, with a preference for master’s degree
Who are we? Why Work at the OU?
Each and every day, countless Jewish individuals around the world are positively impacted by the work of the Orthodox Union, with its array of religious, youth, social action, educational, public policy and community development services, programs and activities.
Ever dream of going into work every day knowing you will have an impact on the greater Jewish community. Ever dream of being able to build your career while enhancing the Jewish future. Ever dream of being inspired daily by the various departments working harmoniously around you to better global Jewish life. Turn these dreams into reality. Apply now to start making a difference.
What You’ll Do
The Development Officer is a key member of the Orthodox Union and is responsible for the growth of the annual campaign in the West Coast Region. This position will manage a portfolio of donors, with special attention given to those who $500+. He/she will focus on securing gifts for the campaign and relationship management.
The Development Officer will report to the National Director of Development for Orthodox Union, and have a “dotted line” reporting relationship to the Regional Director.
- Create relationships with donors and prospects; strengthen current relationships and solicit gifts
- Enhance programs designed to secure both short- and long-range fundraising objectives
- Develop plans to identify donors attending events who are capable of increased gifts
- Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation meetings; work with appropriate lay leaders to strategize and manage their cultivation and solicitation of targeted donors when applicable
- Maintain existing fundraising recordkeeping procedures in order to identify potential donors, track existing donors, and acknowledge, record and report all gifts
- Track and report relationship management of donors and prospects
- Attend meetings, events and conferences within Orthodox Union (e.g, 2 Regional Conventions) and outside agencies/organizations deemed appropriate to the furtherance of responsibilities
- Run four – six fundraising events (such as Breakfasts or Parlor Meetings) per year
What You’ll Bring to the OU
- A passion for consistently finding ways to improve our candidate experience
- Strong people & engagement skills
- You love contributing to a positive candidate experience and continuously seeking new ways to improve our process
- Effective interactions with all levels/types of volunteers, donors and staff
- Personable, energetic, self-starting nature
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A result focused individual
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with fundraising team, volunteer leaders and volunteer cultivators/solicitors