Yachad LA Program Director
Position- Yachad Los Angeles Program Director- City
Position Summary- As Program Director of Los Angeles- City, you are responsible for the Day to Day running of programing. This includes but is not limited to overseeing enhancement of programming and program promotion, events coordination, and other programs and tasks that promote inclusion and serve individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. This person will work very closely with the Regional Director ensuring the success and growth of Yachad’s programming.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of programming for the LA city program division (4-6 events per week)
- Coordinate and maintain standards of excellence for programs
- Responsible for overseeing the updating and maintenance of the membership database (MARS), including new participants, participants enrolled in programs and other related data, along with accompanying administrative tasks, collecting payment for events
- Work with local schools and shuls to build relationships with community members and students to increase engagement with Yachad
- Oversee the management of High School Leadership Board which includes High School Lunch Clubs on campus bi-weekly, monthly board meetings, and active engagement
- Recruiting teens and advisors for programs and events
- Maintain social media platforms- post on instagram stories after each event and occasionally post posts accordingly.
- Coordinate and run Shabbatons (in the future), overseeing staff on Shabbatons and programs and ensuring a safe, productive, and inclusive environment for both participants and staff
- Responsible to assist with Giving day (2 days a year)- calling past donors for donations
- Knowledge of social services and working with people with disabilities
- Excellent with written and oral communication, and great interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker with great time management skills, organized and detail oriented
- Programming experience- planning, executing events, creativity
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and all platforms of social media
- Experience working with teens and community members
Schedule: This is a full-time position, with flexible working hours and location. Some hours required during the business day and other hours required outside of the typical business day (evenings, Saturday nights, Sundays, and Shabbatons, etc.); Supervision of all programs is required.
(Salary Range: $40,000-$55,000)