As Program Director of Los Angeles- Valley, outreach to new families is a large part of the beginning stages of this position. This will lead to the assessment of programming needs and the execution of those programs. Together with the Regional Director, a plan will be created to meet the needs of the community and the Program Director will oversee daily activities.
This is a part-time position, with flexible working hours and location. Some hours required during the business day and other hours required outside of the typical business day (evenings, Saturday nights, Sundays, and Shabbatons, etc.); Supervision of all programs is required.
- Outreach to new families who have children/adults with disabilities
- Advertising and promoting Yachad in the Valley- can include but not limited to speaking at local shuls, schools, etc.
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, promotion, and evaluation of programming for the Valley program division.
- Coordinate and maintain standards of excellence for programs
- Responsible for overseeing the updating and maintenance of the membership database (MARS), including new participants, participants enrolled in programs and other related data, along with accompanying administrative tasks
- Work with local schools and shuls to build relationships with community members and students to increase engagement with Yachad
- Ultimately oversee the management of High School Leadership Board which includes High School Lunch Clubs on campus bi-weekly, and active engagement (once chapter is active)
- Recruiting teens and advisors for programs and events
- Maintain social media platforms- post on instagram stories after each event
- Responsible to assist with Giving day (2 days a year)- calling past donors for donations
- Knowledge of social services and working with people with disabilities
- Excellent with written and oral communication, and great interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasker with great time management skills, organized and detail oriented
- Programming experience- planning, executing events, creativity
- Computer skills and proficiency with programs such as Microsoft Office, Excel, and all platforms of social media
- Experience working with teens and community members