- To maintain and to strengthen the observance of the Jewish faith.
- To create the programming, facilities and institutions necessary to carry out the precepts of the Torah.
- To join Orthodox Jewish congregations and the forces of Torah Judaism together in a strong union to the end that its members mutually encourage and aid each other in the acceptance of the historic responsibilities incumbent upon the Jewish people.
- To speak on behalf of the Orthodox Jewish Community with a coordinated voice and to act with the strength of unity on issues confronting the North American, Israeli and world Jewish communities.
- To contribute to the welfare of North American, Israeli and world Jewish society.
- To serve and strengthen the Orthodox synagogue so that it will realize its fullest potential as the central institution of Jewish life.
- To strengthen Jewish commitment, study and observance.
- To acquire, maintain and hold property for the general purposes set forth in this Article II and specifically to succeed to the assets of synagogues and institutions which are no longer viable and to use such assets for its general purposes.
Why Work at the OU?
Each and every day, countless Jewish individuals around the world are positively impacted by the work of the Orthodox Union, with its array of religious, youth, social action, educational, public policy and community development services, programs and activities.
Ever dream of going into work every day knowing you will have an impact on the greater Jewish community. Ever dream of being able to build your career while enhancing the Jewish future. Ever dream of being inspired daily by the various departments working harmoniously around you to better global Jewish life. Turn these dreams into reality. Apply now to start making a difference.
Pursue Good Health
- The OU contributes 50% towards 4 excellent Health Insurance options through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- The OU offers 2 dental coverage options through Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- The OU offers life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Discounted long term care insurance
- Eye Glass Benefits
- Life and disability insurance at no cost to the employee
Take Time to Refuel
- 10 -20 vacation days a year
- 10 sick days per year
- The OU recognizes all Jewish Holiday’s and most Legal Holidays
Save For Tomorrow
- A 403(b) retirement plan is offered through MetLife and/or Nationwide regardless of length of service. After completion of three consecutive years of full time employment, the Orthodox Union will contribute the equivalent of 5% of the employee’s wages towards retirement as long as the employee contributes at least 2% of wages.
- Up to 12 weeks of disability & parental leave for all eligible employees
- Up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees
Save On Your Commute, Dependent and Health Care Expenses
- The Orthodox Union offers a pre-tax Savings program for these expenses through Beneflex
* The above general information merely highlights the OU’s benefits for full time employees. The provisions of each plan including eligibility and benefits are subject to change and governed by applicable law and the official plan documents.
* Not all positions may be available at all times