DEPARTMENT: Data Services, Institutional Advancement
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: New York City, NY
POSITION TYPE: Hybrid
The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units. The OU maintains a kosher certification service, whose circled U symbol, Ⓤ, is found on the labels of many kosher commercial and consumer food products.
The Data Services team processes and manages all donations for the Orthodox Union and works cross- functionally with other departments to ensure accurate allocation and reporting of donations to aid the organization in better servicing the Orthodox Jewish community.
The Data Services team at the Orthodox Union is hiring a Data Services Associate to help maintain and manage our fundraising data. This individual will aid the department in daily tasks and data entry, as well as donation processing.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input daily donation information into fundraising database. This includes processing credit cards, wires, and stock donations and coding, scanning, and entering checks
- Data entry
- Research bad addresses
- Deal with donors and issues
- Resolve donation issues with donors and fundraisers by providing database support
- Oversee outstanding pledges and pledge collection
- Track missing information from incoming checks and wires
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office- particularly Excel
- Previous office experience
- Attention to detail, ability to catch errors
- Good phone skills and strong communication skills
- Organization and prioritization
- Willingness to work within a team and collaborate effectively
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $48,000.
We offer employee-sponsored healthcare, dental and vision plans.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which the OU will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)