Direct Support Professionals/Job Coaches (NJ)
Full Job Description
This shift is up to 29 hours per week (Monday through Friday).
The Day Program runs from 9:00am – 4pm Monday, 9:30 – 4:00 Tuesday through Thursday and 9:30am to 1:30pm on Friday. Job Coaching times vary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience assisting persons with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and/or
Autism is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn how to document services.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide training to individuals in the areas of personal care, self-care, recreational
Services, communication, behavioral intervention and all other habilitation services
Offered to individuals in a cooperative effort with other staff members.
- Maintain accurate, up to date government records and reports.
- Safely transport individuals to activities and other destinations as required.
- Comply with all agency standards, rules, practices, policies and procedures.
- Drive agency vans and demonstrate safe driving practices.
Ability to commute:
- Teaneck, NJ 07666: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)