Job Title: Event Coordinator
NCSY and Torah High, Canada’s premier national outreach and education organizations for Jewish youth, are currently seeking to hire an Event Coordinator who will be responsible for the planning, preparation, and execution of events.
This role reports to the Director of Events & Operations.
The ideal candidate has excellent organization, detail-orientation and communications skills with the proven ability to juggle multiple projects within a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
● Research new vendors for events
● Be the point of contact with event vendors including hotel, venue, caterers, and entertainment.
● Manage RSVPs, special requests, VIP/donor needs.
● Be on site to ensure the event runs smoothly (this could involve evening and weekend hours)
● Book travel related to events and programs
● Ensure an excellent level of customer service
● Data entry of event registrants and journal ads into spreadsheets in a timely and accurate manner
● Execution of any required follow up, reporting and analysis
● Active participant and collaborator for the planning of events which involves meeting coordinating and preparation as well as the distribution of event materials
● Tracking all journal ad submissions, artwork, content for graphic designer including proof reading each draft up until final event journal is complete
● Coordination of event volunteers including schedule creation and on-site execution
● Prepare registration lists, seating charts, place cards and name badges when needed
● Drive new project opportunities as directed by the CEO
● Manage budgets for special projects
● Collaboration on event marketing for each project
● Other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
● Minimum Two (2) years of experience in events planning
● Experience in the not-for-profit sector preferred
● Prior experience working in a Jewish organization is an asset
Required Skills & Job Knowledge:
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel is required
● Strong administrative and organization skills as well as being detail oriented
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong analytical, problem solving skills, with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet various deadlines
● Ability to attend events outside of standard business hours – in the evenings and weekends
● Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and be self-motivated