Job Title: Executive Director, Eastern Canada
NCSY Canada’s premier national outreach and education organization for Jewish youth, is looking for a dynamic Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have an extraordinary drive and strong strategic and fundraising capabilities.
In this permanent position, the Executive Director will assume a lead role in alumni relations, fundraising and implementation of the annual budget, in addition to marketing and communication activities to maximize the net fundraising revenues for NCSY Montreal and Ottawa.
● Have a strategic vision for the organization.
● Initiate contact and meet with existing and potential donors.
● Develop productive working relationships with donors, advisory board, partners and colleagues.
● Develop and implement engagement and cultivation strategies for prospects and existing donors.
● Develop tailored cultivation programs and personalized stewardship activities including identifying, evaluating and recommending the strategic steps necessary to bring the prospect closer to making a major financial commitment.
● Collaborate with colleagues, both regionally and nationally, to achieve key goals.
● Provide updates and reports to senior leadership, and donors, on the status of fundraising projections, and achievements.
● Minimum 5 years of experience in a not for profit community-based organization.
● Previous experience in a senior leadership role.
● Proven track record with an ability to motivate, cultivate, solicit and close gifts from prospects and donors.
● Knowledge and understanding of fundraising best practices and the Jewish Philanthropic landscape is an asset.
● Highly self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information to donors, board members, and strategic partners.
● A passion for Jewish engagement and the mission of Jewish outreach and education.
● Must have intimate knowledge of the Jewish Community in Montreal and Ottawa.