Position Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Hybrid
Teach Coalition, a project of the Orthodox Union, was founded in 2013 to solve the tuition crisis in nonpublic schools. With a deep network of grassroots activists, community leaders and lawmakers across the country, Teach Coalition is the leading single-issue advocacy network invested in the quality, safety, and accessibility of nonpublic schools and religious institutions. Teach Coalition currently operates in several states around the country, including New York, New Jersey, Florida, Pennsylvania, California, and Maryland.
The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units. The OU maintains a kosher certification service, whose circled U symbol, Ⓤ , is found on the labels of many kosher commercial and consumer food products.
The Mandated Services Specialist will grow into a core member of Teach Coalition’s Mandated Services Reimbursement team responsible for collecting financial and administrative data from schools, analyzing the data, and completing reimbursement applications.
This candidate will interface directly with school staff and help identify improvements to increase the efficiency of the Mandated Services Reimbursement process.
- Collecting, analyzing, and processing scheduling and financial data for NYS Mandated Services Aid claims for schools.
- Communicating with school staff to collect all relevant data in a timely manner.
- Tracking progress of claims through project management software and spreadsheets and creating timelines for claim completion.
- Work with the Mandated Services Director to finalize and file claims, address claim reviews, and prepare documentation for school records.
- Assigning data entry and other claim tasks to support staff.
- Assisting with the organization of the MSR/CAP claim process.
- Analyze and identify claim processes that can be improved and streamlined.
- Report to upper management on an on-going basis together with the Mandated Services Director.
- In conjunction with other members of the larger Teach Coalition staff, develop systems that can be replicated and applied to other government programs outside of mandated services.• Collecting, analyzing, and processing scheduling and financial data for NYS
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, including in project management and data analysis.
- Previous grant management experience.
- Previous experience working with government programs.
- Existing relationships with Yeshiva and day schools.
- Basic understanding of payroll records.
Essential Character Traits:
- Growth-oriented/interested in leadership.
- Analytical and applies logic to solve problems.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Meets deadlines and can work under pressure.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $80,000.
We offer employee-sponsored healthcare, dental and vision plans.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which the OU will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)